I acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the ACT, the Ngunnawal people. I acknowledge and respect their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of this city and this region.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Hand-me-downs and a sling-shot brain



TTWC 2007.88 with comfrey

Comfrey is fantastic for accelerating compost breakdown and a potent herbal remedy for the treatment of bruises and broken bones. It's also a bugger to get out of the garden. This plant was cut back to the base 6 weeks ago. It's grown 2 foot in the middle of a Canberra winter!

The herb and vegie garden is due for a shake up soon. I'll pick up some manure later in the week to dig through the beds. Mum has promised me a rhubarb plant and it will soon be time to plant the early summer veg and new herb seedlings.

I won't be needing any curly parsley though - my three plants have quite literally taken over the bed. There has been a little die-back, but not much.

TTWC 2007.89 with parsley garnish.

Mrs Jordan, our home ec. teacher, had us garnish every dish with parsley - even junket. I hate junket to this day. I forgot to add the rennet and it came out like a boiled vanilla milkshake. I was made to drink it, after removing the parsley garnish. Hideous.

No comments: