I acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the ACT, the Ngunnawal people. I acknowledge and respect their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of this city and this region.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

FO! Sabavana's "Feather & Fan" Jacaranda Scarf

Sabavana's having a special birthday. Being cash poor and yarn rich, I pulled out the needles and created this for her.

It's an original design, but not particularly so - surely lots of people have knitted one just like it. Gauge is unimportant. I just knitted until I'd had enough.

Materials: 3 and a bit 50g balls of Crucci Raw Cotton 8 ply (DK) in a lovely jacaranda blue.

Fantastic texture, although after knitting in wool, it felt quite rough on my hands. Soon got used to it, though. I picked up a bag of this yarn in jacaranda, ecru and mauve at a market stall. Paid $10 for the lot (about 15 balls).

Needles: 4mm bamboo

Pattern:
Cast on 42 stitches

Row 1 Knit (the right side).
Row 2 K3, purl to last 3 sts, k3.
Row 3 K3, *(k2tog) 3 times, (yo, k1) 6 times, (k2tog) 3 times. Repeat from * to last 3 sts, k3.
Row 4 Knit.

Continue until desired length is reached and cast off in knit on row 1.

2 comments:

Denise said...

The scarf is GORGEOUS! I'm sure Sabavana will feel very cosseted and coddled by your gift :)

Bells said...

Taph what's going on? This is the most you've posted in FOREVER. Glad to see you so output happy! :-)

That's almost identical in pattern to the lace scarf I posted about last week. I like yours very much. The stitch definition is nicer.