I acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the ACT, the Ngunnawal people. I acknowledge and respect their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of this city and this region.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Reasons to be cheerful - eggs

Driving up to the farmhouse on a late winter's afternoon, the cows were plodding back to the paddock after milking and the dogs, after initial alerting barks, boisterously friendly and cuddly.

The chooks were glossily pecking around the yard, so many colours and types.  I shouldn't be surprised, then, that the eggs were charming, too.


Palest brown shells and palest green shells. Like sugared almonds in a box. Delicious poached on toast, too.

2 comments:

2paw said...

They are so pretty, they are pastel and I love the pale green!!

Anonymous said...

They look amazing! How I wish that I liked eggs!