I acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the ACT, the Ngunnawal people. I acknowledge and respect their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of this city and this region.

Sunday, November 11, 2018

Seven Things Week 11

A definite slow down this week. My pain levels are very high and as Dora has been waking me in the night for comfort (she is not well), sleep has not been great.




So it was easier to deal with bulk stuff from the garage than in the house.  We have a HUGE supply of Fowler's Vacola preserving jars. We don't bottle as much as we used to so don't need the large jars anymore. We offered up our larger jars on a Facebook barter group. The group is largely home growers and makers so we've been swapping our jars for produce.  We have a lot of eggs, now (and into the future). It's been a really positive experience.





I also got into the sewing room this week.  While there is still much to declutter and reorganise, the need to create could not be denied.

IN


3dog harnessesEbayWhen preparing to evacuate we realised that we needed harnesses for the dogs in both cars.  These rarely come up second hand and our need is fairly urgent. Unfortunately these are too small, so I will have to find a new home for them soon.
2dog seatbelt extendersEbay

5





OUT


2blanketsBuy Nothing CommunityMore souvenir stuff that we get as members of football clubs.  I’ve asked them to not send me the member stuff this year.  It’s better for all of us.
1decanterBuy Nothing CommunityA hideous wedding present.  A glass and silver plated duck that one of my neighbours loved so much she sent her husband to collect it immediately before anyone else could get it.  Each to her own.
56cloth unpaper towelsBuy Nothing CommunityI made these out of flannelette pjs in the free bins at the Green Shed.  I love them, but have more fabric than I need, so I decided to offer them to the neighbours.  There was much demand.
42resuable makeup wipesBuy Nothing CommunityNot as popular as the unpaper towels, but I could have given away many more than I had.
1keyboardBuy Nothing CommunityMy work iPad died.  I’d bought a keyboard to make it useable while travelling.  The keyboard still works but is excess to our needs.
3pairs of trousersop shopTOF did the hard thing and gave up some trousers. 
10pairs pantyhoseop shopI may be a librarian but I am never going to wear sheer beige panythose.  Ever.  These are all new and in packaging.
92Fowlers JarsbarteredBartered for food - mostly eggs.
32wall hooksgiftWe bought a bulk lot of removable wall hooks to hold up the bunting that was wall decoration for our wedding.
7saucepansrecyclingPretty sure these pans came with our touring caravan.  They were in such terrible condition the only use for them was metal recycling
8pieces of fabricused upI made some Christmas presents out of stash 
254






NETT OUT  249
total out since 27 August 2018 = 3908

No comments: