I acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the ACT, the Ngunnawal people. I acknowledge and respect their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of this city and this region.

Sunday, November 18, 2018

Seven Things Week 12

Wow!  3 months of being accountable, and there were many more months of decluttering before this.

I really struggled this week.  I'm in pain and I'm tired and the easy stuff has all been done.  In some areas I am now on the second or third pass.

Initially, in every area of the house, there are things it is easy to get rid of. With some areas I would race through the easy stuff then shy from the hard decisions when the easy wins were had.  My heart would cry nooooooooo!  In some cases I ploughed on but it often resulted in a resistance to declutter anything at all, anywhere.  The oppositional child reaction.  So in order to maintain momentum, when I hit a really tough emotional response, I move onto to an area where the emotion isn't as deep.  It is an exercise like any other, as I practice I get stronger and everything gets easier.   The later passes have been much easier.  This works for me, it is certainly not the advice in the decluttering literature.

Also, honouring the impulse to create last weekend, even though the things I sewed were small, helped a lot.  I gathered all of the fabrics of the type needed.  I used the ones that appealed to me the most.  This week, looking at the ones I shied from I figured I'd already made the decision and offered them to friends first and op shopped the rest.  I guess it's Marie Kondo's "spark joy" concept, but I needed to demonstrate it.  Just holding the stuff isn't enough.  My thought process are "Every piece of fabric is useful, right?" and "I can totally make something out of that!" These things are true but when given the opportunity I chose not to use certain fabrics.


IN


2stencilsEbayordered in a moment of Bullet Journal envy
1paintingop shopForgot to list this from a couple of weeks ago.  
1calendarEtsy

1washing basketThe Green ShedForgot to list this from a couple of weeks ago.  


OUT


27Fowlers Jarsbarteredhoney and veg - great deal
1t-shirtop shopstained and ill-fitting
3dog harnessesop shopnone of the neighbours wanted these recent eBay mistakes so off to the op shop.
4Tupperware cupsop shopand as I had to take the dog harnesses to the op shop, I decided that everything else could go there as well and I didn’t have to bother listing for Buy Nothing.
2Tupperware mugsop shop

4draw string bagsop shopProjects bags for knitting that I don’t like or don’t use
6topsop shopI will end up with a capsule wardrobe in the end, I suspect
4dressesop shop

8pieces of fabricop shop

3key ringsop shop

13doiliesop shop

1pair of pantsop shop

47dvdsbindownloaded, dodgy burned discs.  We have been through our DVDs at least twice in the last 2 years and yet I still find more.
1pair of socksbinhandknits with an irreparable hole
1phone charging cablebinthe cheap ones die so readily
1quick-unpickbinBlunt and had lost the little ball from the end.
2vintage linen teatowelsgift

36doiliesgift

5pieces of fabricgift

169




NETT OUT  164
total out since 27 August 2018 = 4072


No comments: