I acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the ACT, the Ngunnawal people. I acknowledge and respect their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of this city and this region.

Friday, July 10, 2009

WIPeou 2009 - Baby Cardie


PATTERN
: Pretty sure I got this from the back of an old Woman's Day.

YARN: Mystery 8ply cotton purchased in an op-shop many, many years ago.

ISSUES: Well it's been sitting for at least 4 years in this state - with only one side band and the neck band to go. I don't like how the bands came out and I don't like the chunkiness of it for a small baby, although the pattern is very sweet, and I really hate the way my seams came out. I could have redone the seams and I did try to unpick it but the cotton shredded in the process. Hideous.

ACTION: Binned.

8 comments:

Petunia said...

Sometimes, the bin is the best answer!

Michelle said...

It's a very cute pattern and lovely colour, but the shredding cotton would have been the dealbreaker for me too.

Good decision.

chocolatetrudi said...

Bad yarn? Definitely bin it.

Wow, you're halfway through that list of WIPs. I'm getting a lot of vicarious satisfaction out of watching you doing all this finishing (and frogging and tossing, too).

(lol - the word verification this time is 'commute'!)

redmag said...

Cotton is lovely and looks great once its done but it is so unforgiving!!

I too am getting much satisfaction ( and inspiration) from you flying through that to do list!

Five Ferns Fibreholic said...

It is a shame really on two counts. One because it is a lovely pattern and two because cotton is so self destructing.

TinkingBell said...

Could have been cut and sewed and used as a dish or face cloth.....

Kate said...

It really was a lovely pattern, though cotton does tend to make things bulkier than they should otherwise be in wool; it lacks squashability.

At least it's another thingy off your list. I vote that the next item should be one for you, even if it results in frogging or binning.

catsmum said...

I used to have the same sort of finishing issues but I solved that problem ... I no longer knit things that require separate bands, no matter how cute the pattern