I acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the ACT, the Ngunnawal people. I acknowledge and respect their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of this city and this region.

Monday, October 08, 2018

Seven Things Week 6

This week I expected to have some kind of decluttering hangover, but so far so good.  Certainly I slowed down, but we've had a few things on after work and I was busy with other activities all this weekend.

What I have noticed, though, is that I am noticing more.  As I walk past a shelf in the garage, for example, I notice that someone's left a paper bag, a receipt and some other detritus, and that's it's been there for a while.  And I deal with it.

I have also been critically evaluating our pantries and have disposed of dangerously out of date items, and rehomed items we no longer use, such as flavoured teas and tinned goods that came in hampers.

It's like you just get your eye in and as layers of stuff leave the house, the breathing space created offers up more possibilities.


IN
2plant potsBuy Nothing Community

1digital radioBuy Nothing Community

1wall hangingBuy Nothing Community

1manequin headBuy Nothing Community

3gotoobsBuy Nothing Community

1wrist supportretailsee previous week’s injury
1phone charging cableretailreplacing a dead one
1magazinesubscriptionwon’t be renewing.  Indie Road magazine is just not that good.
1kiltretailTOF loves his kilts and wears them often.  We bought this brand new Scottish made kilt at this week’s Canberra Gathering at about a fifth the price of having one made for him (which we were preparing to do this weekend).  I will now have to make or commission a formal jacket and a work jacket to go with it.
2pairs kilt hoseretailone to match this new kilt and one to match his everyday kilt
1tankini topop shopnow I just need to find a couple of bottoms and I will have enough sets of swimmers to get me through the week as I swim on average every second day.
1cushionThe Green ShedI have a plan for how my sewing room will look when I’ve cleaned it out.  This second hand cushion from the free bins at The Green Shed is exactly the right colour and will save me buying new or making with new fabric and included the insert
1dog coatThe Green Shednew from the free bins at The Green Shed. Dora loves her jackets
5notebooksBuy Nothing Community

1set earbudsBuy Nothing Community

23




OUT
6Christmas baublesop shop

7handbags and purses donation to Zonta pre-loved ashion sale

25balls of yarngift

1Tupperware jugBuy Nothing Community

7booksgift

10plant potsBuy Nothing Community

18bags of beads and jewellery findingsBuy Nothing Community

1gift bagBuy Nothing Community

1biscuit tinop shop

2video casesrecycling

2bags of ribbonop shop

2reels of ribbonop shop

193singleton knitting needlesBuy Nothing Communitygoing to a group of urban homesteaders for a variety of uses
1decorative wine boxop shop

1casserole coverop shop

1tankini topop shopdoesn’t fit as well as the one I bought last week
1phone charging cablebindead
2pairs of pantyhoseBuy Nothing Communitythey will be tying up tomatoes in no time
3decorative bottle stoppersBuy Nothing Communitybecause when wine is opened, wine is finished
7serving forks and spoonsopshopwe have some lovely serving spoons in our wedding silverware, cheap acrylic begone!
3kilt pinsBuy Nothing Communitycheap stuff that won’t be going on TOF’s kilts
1spurtleBuy Nothing CommunityIt’s a traditional porridge stirring stick.  I don’t need 2.
3plate holdersrecyclingrusty and dangerous
1box toothpicksop shop

1length of fabricop shop

1topdonation to Zonta pre-loved ashion sale

6paper platesop shop

6fulled jumpers and cardiesPaper and the Works

2shirtsop shop

41booksLifeline

8lengths of fabricPaper and the Works

364




NETT OUT 341

total out since 27 August 2018     =   1779

No comments: