I acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the ACT, the Ngunnawal people. I acknowledge and respect their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of this city and this region.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Top of the World

*sigh* Another lovely weekend over.

This one started early on Friday when the Old Flame and I headed to the mountains for a break before the ski season. The Jo Sharp scarf, last spotted at Parliament House, was finished in the car somewhere before Cooma.

Today we took it for a spin up to Charlotte Pass to see if Mt Kosciusko was ready for its closeup. It wasn't. Australia's highest point coyly kept the blankets over its head. The scarf happily filled in.

And down to Lake Jindabyne where it was so bright the scarf needed shades for the view over to East Jindabyne.

The other FO for the week were the Old Flame's birthday socks, beautifully modelled here by the recipient. Bit blurry but the colour's about right.


The pattern is Thuja knitted in vintage Patons Lambswool 80 (80% lambswool, 20% nylon). The yarn isn't as sproingy as I'd have liked and I wouldn't do a 1x1 rib again, but the seeded rib pattern is classy and the whole thing knitted up very quickly. The only change I made was to knit the rib on 3.75mm needles instead of 4mm and I reckon it would be better to knit the whole sock in 3.5mm as they are a bit loose in the top.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like a great weekend! The mountains are so romantic at this time of the year.

Kate said...

What an intriguing colour of green. I hope the recipient was suitably joyous. I think I might have to bung Til in the car and go look at mountains. The SW Slopes can be VERY flat sometimes for this hill woman. Also, I'd like to see Til's face the first time she shoves her hand into snow!

Denise said...

Lucky scarf being taken along on a special weekend with Old Flame! So glad you had a lovely time :)