Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Some days are busy, busy but still productive. Take Saturday, for example.

9am Up early for us on a Saturday and at Kingston for the Snow Sports ACT annual sale, via a drop off at my brother's on the other side of town. The Old Flame has some items for sale* and wants to check out what else is on offer. I knit a beret I'm winging in some 12ply remnants but forget to take photos.

10.15am Old Parliament House, Canberra for the opening celebrations of the new Museum of Australian Democracy (yes, it's a MAD House). A friend is serving up breakfasts, so we scam a couple of bacon and egg rolls, grab 5 minutes with her, take some pics and race off. Am still knitting the beret.

11.30am Belconnen Remand Centre Open Day . BRC closed recently, being replaced with the state of the art Alexander Machonichie Centre (gaol). The open day was our only opportunity to see the inside of the BRC which will soon be demolished. Eye-opening. Squeeze in flying visit to Vinnies as it's just across the road. Continue to knit the beret.

12.45 pm Ginninderra Labor Club for early Mother's Day celebrations with TOF's extended family. Very nice lunch. Knit beret and finish in car on way home.

4.00pm Home to change for the evening's engagement - Brumbies at home to the Crusaders. Woollen trousers under jeans, two long-sleeved t-shirts, fleece and, wind-breaker, hat and gloves. Should be almost warm enough.

4.15pm Start for Kingston again to see what's sold and collect what hasn't. Cast on a TTWC as we leave home.

5.20pm Park car at Civic to catch free bus to Canberra Stadium. We're early, so head off to King O'Malley's for a Guinness to kill time. Continue knitting TTWC.

6.00pm Get on very crowded bus to Stadium. Kind young man gives me his seat so I continue to knit.

6.30pm Arrive Stadium, settle into seats etc. Knit beanie.

7.30pm Finish beanie.

7.40pm Kick-off and not enough wool to cast on another beanie. Ah well, the Brumbies thrashed the Crusaders and two items of headwear in a day is a reasonable result.

10.00pm Have caught bus back to Civic and collected the car. We've only had water and a couple of bananas since lunch so drop by the G-Spot for a Bastard to find that it's the second last night of trading! Tragedy! It's our venue of choice for after the footy and, more importantly, for first breakfast on those early mornings (4am) on the way to the ski fields.

10.40pm Home, fed and changed into trakkie daks . Cast on a new pair of socks.

11.30pm Sleepy-bo-bos.
* Need snow chains this winter? Own your own for the same price as a weekend hire. Send me an email with your wheel size for more info.


Petunia said...

I became exhausted by just reading your post. Whew! What a busy day!

2paw said...

Wow, that must be the best travelled Beanie ever!! I enjoyed the day out!!!