I acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the ACT, the Ngunnawal people. I acknowledge and respect their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of this city and this region.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Seven Things Week 9

Oh dear heaven!

Finally got to Mum's this week.  I was meant to be clearing out under the house storage, but she hijacked me into going through her wardrobes, linen cupboard and craft stash first.  I made a start under the house, but it's going to be a longer job than anticipated.  None of the stuff from Mum's is being counted.  If I stop to enumerate, it will never get done.

I've lost count of the trips to the op-shop.  Fortunately the paper recycling centre is located between the two closest op-shops and each trip to Vinnies or Salvos was followed by a trip to the recycling centre to pick up more boxes.

Mum's cupboards are now neat, tidy and adequate to her needs.  They are not minimal, however, so I can stop buying her clothes for a wee while.  Also, when the time comes to move her, I have a good understanding of what is there.

On one of the op-shop runs I met a woman who is a member of a group that sews and knits for charity. I've dropped off a lot of the sewing fabric and yarns to her.  I've been the recipient of much lovely yarn to knit for charity and Mum and I've been slowing working our way through it.  But now that Mum can't knit and my time is even more limited it's only right to pass it on when I can.  More will go out when I get the chance to really go through my stash.  All that's gone is the easily accessed top layers.  Also, TOF's Dad will be getting a couple of new jumpers out of stash.  Two lots of lovely 8 ply went to TOF's Mum.

Other yarn has gone to the Happy Spider for her school knitting program.  I'm always keen to support new knitters.  Also we all know how great knitting is for soothing the spirit and what more restless spirits are there than teenagers?

IN
  • 1 shirt for TOF free from Tip Shop
  • 1 pr trousers for TOF - $7 Vinnies
  • 1 pr shoes for TOF - GIFT
  • 1 Tupperware pet dish $3 from Vinnies
  • 2 Tupperware champagne flutes $1 from Salvos
  • 2 knitting patterns $1 from Tip Shop
  • 1 dress to wear to a wedding, Vinnies $10.50
  • 2 knitting magazines (Yarn and Yarn Forward)
  • 1 pr sports shoes - new and never worn $8 YMCA op-shop
  • 2 balls sock yarn - GIFT
  • 1 shawl which goes beautifully with the dress for the wedding - GIFT
  • 1 DVD. TOF got series one of Ghost in the Shell for $5.  He's a very happy man just now.
  • 2 Tupperware Rock 'n Serves in TOF's favourite style.  They have broken lids which will be replaced at the next party we go to. Vinnies $2
  • 2 prs shoes - TOF
  • 1 pr shorts - TOF
OUT
  • 4 magazines - GIFT
  • 8 board games - OP SHOP
  • 1 lamp shade - OP SHOP
  • 19 sheets - OP SHOP
  • 2 doona covers - OP SHOP
  • 4 pillowcases - OP SHOP
  • 8 lengths dress fabric - GIFT
  • 1 pr tongs - OP SHOP
  • 1 balloon whisk - OP SHOP
  • 340 balls yarn (whole balls only counted, not partials) - GIFTS
  • 12 promotional drink bottles - RECYCLING
  • 1 pr curtains - OP SHOP
SIAA
  • 1 knitted shawlette/scarf - yep, another one
  • 1 knitted beret
IN   21
OUT 401
NETT OUT 380
SIAA    2

1 comment:

2paw said...

You are doing a sterling job and it's nice to see things going to good homes.