These in response to a desperate need for sports socks. I know I can buy 3 prs for $1.80 at Rivers, but they are crap.
Good things about these socks:
- soft, squishy, comfy and should be longer wearing that the Made in China rubbish
- I can get 5 socks from a 200g ball of Harmony. I'll be looking for Harmony or Heirloom Breeze scraps soon, I reckon, to make a stripy scrappy pair.
- they use stash
- they are really quick to knit.
- while they stretch out worryingly on the foot, the wool and lycra content mean they spring back into shape when washed.
- they machine wash in cool water