I acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the ACT, the Ngunnawal people. I acknowledge and respect their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of this city and this region.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

12 in 12 - uncle

This was just one challenge too many this year.  I'm calling it quits so I can replace dead basics including shoes, tops and trousers for work and clothes for next summer.  Most of my most of my summer tops had to be discarded at the end of the season.  They were scruffy beyond redemption.

Then there is a need for a reasonable summer wardrobe for a family celebration trip to Singapore in mid-summer.  I couldn't find 2 days worth of clothing for a work trip to Brisbane in last March let alone 8 days in the humidity of Singapore.

Fortunately the fabric stash can sustain several coordinating tops plus a few dresses for evening.  Operation Singapore Sling begins in late June.  I bought a heap of black linen to make trousers.

The 12 items challenge has been great to focus my taste and tailor it to my shape and colour preferences and I continue to apply those lessons.

1 comment:

2paw said...

Well done!! It's been a big challenge. I can never do one: green things are often so far and few between I buy them when I see them!!