I acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the ACT, the Ngunnawal people. I acknowledge and respect their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of this city and this region.

Sunday, December 30, 2018

Seven Things Week 18

Almost the end of the year and still plugging away.  

I stared 2018 by holding a yarn garage sale on the hottest day of the year.  We made $500 for the knitters' guild and got rid of an enormous amount of yarn from my stash and that of a friend.

In February I started decluttering the rest of the house in a prednisone induced energy surge.  Some weeks have been more productive than others, but there hasn't been a week when I haven't taken some positive action to clear our under-utilised material possessions.

Mostly it has been my personal possessions, but more recently TOF has contributed as well.  It is extremely important to only deal with your own things, no matter how frustrating your family's lack of enthusiasm might be.  TOF has seen how serious I am about paring down and that I have respected his things in this process.  We discuss joint possessions but I am careful not to push too hard.  Unless we are agreed, it stays.

Christmas is a difficult time for the declutterer.  Gifts come in and, while I am very grateful, have to be accounted for in the decluttering goals.  I was worried about this week, and had to work quite hard on the outs when I really would have preferred to read and knit and rest.

It is also a week of temptation with sales and I fell down at the Lincraft 50% off sale and spent my birthday money on fabric.  I have no regrets.

IN
4lanyardsgift

2capsgift

2ponchosgift

2zip pochesgift

2keyringsgift

1set beeswax wrapsgift

1garden ornamentgift

1mobile phoneretailRichard needed a new phone
1Tupperware containerop shop

1embroidery hoopop shop

1length fabricop shop

3charging cablesretailfor Richard’s new phone
1quilt cover setBuy Nothing CommunityKing sized jersey quilt cover which will be made into my sleep shirts.
1pair hair cutting scissorsretail

1coffee grinderBuy Nothing Community

1spectacles caseretail

3lengths of fabricretailbirthday money spent in the Lincraft half price sale - 1 dress, 3 tops, 1 pair of trousers
1length of fabricVinniesBlack silk with hot pink flowers - will be my ball outfit later in 2019
1hanging clothes rackretail

30




OUT
1capgift

1pair of trousersop shop

1pair of trousersbintotally shredded
32cdsBuy Nothing Community

1tote bagBuy Nothing Community

1garden ornamentBuy Nothing Community

1lanyardgift

1length of fabricBuy Nothing Community

2mugsdonationfor the work kitchen
1usb memory stickbindead
1lanyardbinunnecessary
1mugbincracked
1wine bottle stopperbinperished
3wine bottle stoppersrecyclingunnecessary
1bag clip thingyrecyclingunnecessary
1vegetable peelerdonationfor the work kitchen
1toasterdonationfor the work kitchen
3felted jumpersBuy Nothing Community

1lanyardop shop

6glassesop shop

1pair of shortsop shop

62




NETT OUT 32

TOTAL OUT SINCE 27 August 2018 =  4337 

No comments: