I acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the ACT, the Ngunnawal people. I acknowledge and respect their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of this city and this region.

Saturday, November 19, 2005

FO! Sidewinder Hat

Beige Sidewinder Hat, designed by Celia Ng.

Materials: 50g ball of Patons Totem (8ply/DK), beige.
It was the only ball of Totem I could find that didn't have a putative project attached to it! Not a particularly inspiring colour, but fine for an experiment.

Needles: 4mm vintage faux tortoiseshell.

Pattern: Sidewinder hat, designed by Celia Ng, on the Southern Cross Knitting site.

Knitted sideways in garter stitch with a simple cabled band. Utilises provisional cast on, short rows and grafted seam, all techniques new to me, as well as cable. A good pattern to for beginners to learn techniques on.

It only took a few hours to complete. I was home sick and couldn't settle to anything. It looks good on Jejune who is petite, but looked hideous on my boof-head. If I were to knit it again, it would need to be longer and bigger and the cable band deeper..


Pics courtesy of Jejune.

No comments: