I acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the ACT, the Ngunnawal people. I acknowledge and respect their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of this city and this region.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Slippery Slope

Conversation with my mother yesterday.

Taph: Mum, do you think any of the ladies over the back would like the cr****t nylon and wooden coat hangers that Nanna gave me?
(retirement village behind my parents' house - I grew up with several hundred grandparents watching my every move through the weld mesh fence and Jejune wonders why I'm good with the over 60s!)

Mum: Yes, I'm sure they'd like them, shall I ask them to make you a couple in return?

Taph: *&$^#%&$!!*&#$.

Mum: OK, so that's a "No, but thank you very much for offering".

Taph: Um, yeah. I'll bring the box up tomorrow night.

Mum: While we're on the subject, do you want my knitting machine?

Taph: Yes, thank you very much for offfering.

Sigh. A knitting machine. It's the top of the slippery slope that will only end in me mugging those women for the cr****t nylon back.

1 comment:

Denise said...

LOL - well, at least you were polite about it ;)

Hope the cr****t nylon is well and truly gone by now.