PATTERN: Umm - see "Issues" below.
YARN: Patons Patonyle in the sickly pink self-striping colourway.
PROGRESS: First sock knitted to gusset stitch pick-up. The were at this stage Christmas week, Mum's birthday is in late April.
- found I'd dropped one of the heel stitches way back at the beginning of the heel
- Mum's in warmer climes for winter and announced she didn't need anymore hand-knitted socks. However, she's been wearing the same two pairs of hand-knitted socks in high rotation for the last month. She does need and want more hand-knitted socks.
- Can't remember what pattern I was using, if any and don't have any notes about it.
- don't really like the colourway
- Stop worrying about the dropped stitch. Put a safety pin in it and sew it in when the sock is done.
- Count stitches in band
- Count stitches in gusset pick-up.
- Count number of rounds in band.
- Measure length of leg to heel flap
- Count rows in heel flap
- WRITE ALL NUMBERS down - that's the pattern fat-head.
- suck it up and keep knitting