I acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the ACT, the Ngunnawal people. I acknowledge and respect their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of this city and this region.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Seven Things Week 5

Note to self:  This is hard when it's your birthday.  That aside,  I am enormously grateful to my lovely family and friends for all their gifts.  They were without exception thoughtful and appropriate.  I love that you all "get" me.

Also, I've decided that the counting of jam jars and sauce bottles is just too hard.  If this challenge is about getting rid of the unused stuff, then preserving stuff is excluded.  We use them all the time and there's a constant ebb and flow.  Definitely keeping the SIAA component though - a lot of creative energy goes into transforming a piece of fruit into a gift or deep winter treat.

IN
  • 1 stash bag (ie plastic blanket bag with zip) - GIFT
  • 2 books (long term loan, possible rehoming, better count them in) - SORTA GIFT
  • 1 GPS unit (shhhh, it's TOF's Christmas Present) - GIFT
  • 1 compost bin - GIFT
  • 8 pieces Tupperware $8 garage sale
  • 1 apple corer/peeler/slicer - preparing for apple season and full on preserving mode $2 garage sale
  • 2 books, 1 for TOF, 1 for me (AWW Biscuits and Slice book - always handy to have and I keep giving them away) $2
  • 1 hand-knitted hand towel - GIFT
  • 1 pkt cards - GIFT
  • 1 Blue Willow trivet - GIFT
  • 1 Blue Willow trinket box - GIFT
  • 1 Blue Willow tea bag holder - GIFT
  • 4 Tupperware spice containers - GIFT
  • 1 framed photo - GIFT
  • 1 gift bag homemade soap - GIFT
  • 1 wooden toy - GIFT
  • 1 set decorative candles - GIFT
  • 2 reusable bags - GIFT
  • 1 decorative hanging - GIFT
  • 1 x 20l water container for verjuice making  $3 TIP SHOP
  • 1 nutcracker $2 GARAGE SALE
OUT
  • 2 cds - OP SHOP
  • 1 dvd - OP SHOP
  • 1 diary cover - OP SHOP
  • 1 Tupperware soup cup - OP SHOP
  • 1 magazine - OP SHOP
  • 1 strainer - OP SHOP
  • 28 men's shirts.  I collected a huge number of beautiful cotton men's shirts when Tiny's Green Shed was having a clothing clearout.  Originally it was going to be just a few for hankies, then I thought I'd patch myself some peasant style tops, then I was going to turn the fabric into yarn and knit or plait a rag rug.  Then I met a quilter who was looking for men's shirts for a very special quilt for her brother.  Her need was greater than mine (and more immediate).  I still have plenty for all the other projects I have in mind and I'd already removed all the buttons. - GIFT
  • 3 rolls knitting nylon - GIFT
  • 1 piece plastic ware - RECYLING
  • 1 baseball - OP SHOP
  • 1 wooden toy - OP SHOP
SHAKE IT ALL ABOUT
20 jars of mulberry jam
17 jars/containers preserved nectarines

IN 34
OUT 41
NETT OUT   7
SIAA 37

1 comment:

Five Ferns Fibreholic said...

It has become very clear to me that I'm going to have to start the seven things again. This time it is a necessity.....