Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Top that

Beanie 2007.127

My third project for the Yarn Magazine KAL.

Sarah Golder's Sock Topper from Yarn, issue 8 - the current issue. The yarn was left over from a pair of socks and was exactly the 25g called for - hooray, no more scraps! Bummer, I've got 9g left.The hat's very sweet and I'll be able to use those 9g somewhere, I guess.

Couldn't resist photographing it on my favourite hydrangea which Dad propagated from a cutting off his, now deceased, plant. Originally it came from a cutting taken from Mrs Norris, also deceased, the mother of a family friend. The glorious rain of the last few weeks has made the garden explode with blooms.

5 comments:

Donna Lee said...

I love hydrangeas. They are quite in vogue here now (well, not now, but in the spring). You see them in wedding bouquets. The hat matches quite nicely.

Marg B said...

The hat is too cute!

amanda j said...

That is a cute hat. I should use some of my scraps up for little hats!

I love hydrangeas. My grandparents had heaps and they remind me of good times.

Have a very merry Christmas!

Five Ferns Fibreholic said...

What a great way to use up leftover sock yarn. So how large is the hat? Baby or toddler size??

Dood said...

Ha! 3 items already for the Yarn KAL? You're kickin butt!

Meanwhile, I am officially off the KAL bandwagon, never to climb on again, but YARN is a pretty good reason to break that rule. Not that I am, but I'll cheer you on from the sidelines!