- One of my favourite lines from a movie is Kevin Costner’s speech as Crash Davies in Bull Durham
"Well, I believe in the soul, the cock, the pussy, the small of a woman's back, the hanging curve ball, high fiber, good scotch, that the novels of Susan Sontag are self-indulgent, overrated crap. I believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. I believe in the sweet spot, soft-core pornography, opening your presents Christmas morning rather than Christmas Eve and I believe in long, slow, deep, soft, wet kisses that last three days.”
- I once gave up coffee, chocolate, wine and spicy foods for 2 years. 2 years is a long time. It was a long time for me and a longer time for those who love me.
- I have no tolerance for social elites.
- Despite possessing a pretty large vocabulary (the Readers’ Digest "Increase your word power" section never held terrors) I use a lot of swear words.
- A career advisor once suggested I become a nun. I’m not Catholic but I did attend a Catholic secondary school and was Diocesan Youth Coordinator for the 1987 Papal Visit so it was an easy mistake to make. I suggested as a teacher he might have done his homework better. This was the first time I answered back to an authority figure.
- I have a tendency to self-sabotage rooted in self-esteem issues. I’m working on it.
- I like quality ….. AND quantity.
Thursday, May 24, 2007
Kate tagged me. I'm not passing it on. Here's a bonus thing about me - I never pass on chain letters of any description.