I acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the ACT, the Ngunnawal people. I acknowledge and respect their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of this city and this region.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

How to knit a winner

Kinneared at the Canberra Racecourse 8 August 2008.
The Old Flame had a work function at Thoroughbred Park and brought this home for me. Isn't he sweet? Some girls get flowers, I get pictures of knitters. Definitely prefer the knitters. This knitter is making long strips to sew into a blanket. She said it was so cold that day, though, that she might have to wear it as a scarf.

5 comments:

DrK said...

maybe we should start a 'knitting at sports events' revolution type thing!

Donna Lee said...

That's cool! Knitting in public hasn't caught on as much her in the states as it seems to have down there so I am always thrilled to see anyone waving sticks and wool around. I am doing my part and I see people watching surreptitiously. Only once in a while will someone ask.

Five Ferns Fibreholic said...

Wow, he's a keeper!

Denise said...

Definitely a keeper!!

Kylie said...

I agree - He is a keeper - I also love that he obviously went to the trouble to ask what she was knitting - or maybe he just knew not to come home without knowing