I acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the ACT, the Ngunnawal people. I acknowledge and respect their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of this city and this region.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Knit Focus is back

The cosy production is back on track.  This set is for the cosy fund raiser.



More free patterns by Paulina Chin for her Speedy Cabled Cowl and matching beretHere and here on Ravelry.

Knitted in Twilleys of Stamford Freedom Wool from stash.  I love this richly coloured single.

Modifications were needed.  Both patterns stipulate being knitted flat and frankly but it's far simpler to just knit them in the round.  So I did.  I also added a cable repeat to each of the items.  The beret would be a beanie otherwise, and the cowl would be a little skimpy, too. 

I have two and a bit balls of the Freedom wool left and am tempted to knit the beret again with 4 cable repeats before decrease for extra slouch (and maybe keep the beret because I really love this yarn).

1 comment:

2paw said...

Hats are best in the round, and cowls too. Why sew a seam when you don't need to?? Very pretty, I think you need some of your won!!