I acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the ACT, the Ngunnawal people. I acknowledge and respect their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of this city and this region.

Sunday, January 08, 2012

Knit Focus - Socks


As predicted the neon socks are finished.  However a sick dog meant an unplanned trip to my place so I picked up another ball of sock yarn.




Simple socks in Lucy Neatby Celestial Merino Dream sock yarn in the Fiesta colourway.

This yarn has been in stash for a looooong time. Five Ferns brought it on her first trip Down Under in May 2007.

I knitted one skein for myself a few years ago and they are lovely.  Not a pleasure in the hand as the yarn is shiny and not very elastic, but they bloom beautifully once knitted.  But the colours are unbelievably beguiling and if they fade in a beguiling manner.

1 comment:

Donna Lee said...

I love the colors of your next socks! They look like a party for your feet.