*updated 7/3 to add more lucky door prizes*
VENUE: Starbucks, Manuka
DATE: Thursday 22 March,
As Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's "Represent" Tour is unlikely to take in Canberra, we're adopting it as our own. We will also include the emphasis on providing material assistance to those who do not have the money or the leisure to indulge a love of knitting.
LUCKY DOOR PRIZES. So far we have a list of donated prizes that includes
- pattern books
- Boobrock stitch markers
- spinning goodies from Ewe Give Me the Knits
- hand-dyed sock yarn from the Happy Spider and a voucher for same. This may in fact become sock kits - awaiting on word of needles.
- row counter wristlet from Jejune (can't find a picture just now, but they're fabulous and are just like these ones only better)
- Book A Gathering of Lace donated by Janette of Knitting on the Avenue and Stick to Your Knitting.
- and other stuff but my list is in the car or somewhere
- if there is something you'd like to contribute, please get in touch
For a ticket to win one of these prizes you can donate a gold coin. To get 5 tickets you can donate a gold coin and a hat for the homeless. You can donate multiple gold coins and multiple hats but there is a maximum of 5 tickets per person. If you don't have time to knit a hat, I'm happy to provide you with one in exchange for 2 balls of 12 ply wool so I can knit another hat for the homeless.
The money and the hats will be donated to Stasia Dabrowski for her soup kitchen. Stasia has been running the soup kitchen in Garema Place for 28 years. Her work is not affiliated with any religion or political party.
Some of these may not happen, but we sure had fun coming up with the ideas. Those of you who couldn't make it to the last Woden SnB missed a funny (pass-the-Tena-lady funny!) and quite rude evening.
- Yarn Harlot inspired crossword puzzle from Jejune (link further up)
- readings from the Yarn Harlot's works
- pin the pom-pom on the beanie
- guess the mystery yarn
- Christmas Pudding hat making (everyone gets to knit a round, just like everyone gets a stir of the Christmas pudding)
- match the pattern to the picture
- sock in progress picture - we'll take a mass photo with our socks. If you don't have a sock, bring something in progress or speak to Spidey - she'd be happy to initiate you into the sisterhood of the sock.
Got other ideas - send 'em in!