I acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the ACT, the Ngunnawal people. I acknowledge and respect their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of this city and this region.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I'd rather be this way

Hand-dyed 4ply weight polwarth and silk

Hand-dyed 4ply weight polwarth and silk. This yarn chose me. Twice it was brought across the room to me by knitters who know me too well and twice I put it back. Then it literally jumped out of the shelf at me as I walked past and I gave in.

Teeny 45g of hand-spun, hand-dyed wensleydale wool

To die for hand-dyed, hand-spun Dew Drop Fancy - see those sweet little clear beads?

Hand-spun, hand-dyed wool and mohair in a tweedy blend. Gorgeous. There are a few skeins in stash that will be put with this for a blankie.


Bamboo needles specially for Opal socks. $9 a set - buy them.

5 comments:

TinkingBell said...

So envious of the yarny gorgeousness! Lovely! (love the dew drop) - and when it jumps out at you, you just have to keep it!

Michelle said...

Very nice! I'm absolutely loving the blogging on the Bundanoon trip!

Five Ferns Fibreholic said...

When I move to Australia (don't laugh it might happen....someday) I'm moving to Helen's house (really..... don't laugh...it might happen)

Kate said...

I totally love the blue polwarth/silk - the Dew Drop ain't bad either!

Marg B said...

Oh that polwarth and silk is too lustfully gorgeous!