I have rather over compensated for last week's set back. Sunday was spent dragging boxes and suitcases from wardrobes. I set out with the aim to find all the summer clothes, iron what needed to be ironed and discard the rest. 12 hours later I couldn't sit down and relax, it had become a compulsion. Most, but not all of the ironing was done. By the end of the challenge I would like to be able to get all of my clothes into a (very large) built in wardrobe and a chest of drawers, rather than spread over three wardrobes and three chests of drawers.
Thank you all for your kind words about dealing with Nanna's things. I'm bracing myself for a sort through of the china and linen this week. Unfortunately the china cabinet was lost in the move, so space will need to be found. Eek!
- 1 bag (7 x 200g) Bendigo 8ply in dark blue - enough for a garment for me! $9 Salvos
- 1 bag (14 x 50g) Patons Herdwick 8ply in a natural brown - cabled vest for my brother $7 Salvos
- 1 bag (6 x 60g) Cleckheaton Landscape in brown fleck - TTWCs $2 Salvos
- Vintage Jet from Nanna's stash (now a TTWC).
- 2 padded coathangers - gifts for speaking to a community group
- 3 fine linen hankies $2 Salvos
- 2 pairs pantyhose $1 Salvos
- 2 pairs stockings $1 Salvos
- cotton batting for a special project (20cm)
- 14 books for BookCrossing
- 2 sewing patterns. Testaments to good intentions. GIFT
- 1 bra - unequal to the task. BINNED
- 80 items of clothing to women's refuge. I really do think that will be the last of the clothes clear out, but you never know. GIFT
- 1 bolster cushion - hideously malformed and useless for anything else. Insert BINNED, cover SALVOS
- 1 bolster cushion - in perfect order but excess to requirement. SALVOS
- 1 handbag. SALVOS
- 13 hard plastic coat hangers. RECYCLING
- 5 pairs of shoes - honestly thought I'd got rid of these ages ago, but there they were in a box in the spare room wardrobe. SALVOS
- 2 t-shirts. Left over from when the kids were younger. SALVOS
- 1 pair kid's overalls. Also left over from a previous life. SALVOS
- 1 man's leather jacket. SALVOS
- 7 fabric scarves. Love them, never wear them and am only keeping those of real sentimental value. The kids love these for dress-up. GIFT
- 1 cotton hat. Received for helping out on the London Marathon in 1992. It's useless at keeping the sun off and only kept from sentiment. SALVOS
- 60 books. BOOKCROSSING.
- 4 Time Thief Watch Caps
- 10 stitch markers made from 3 pairs of earrings and jump rings already here.
NETT OUT 150