I acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the ACT, the Ngunnawal people. I acknowledge and respect their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of this city and this region.

Friday, November 09, 2007

And then there was Nundle


Nundle Retro 4ply wool. Beautifully soft. I just want to cuddle it.

Little bits of Nundle Luxury Loopy Mohair in a bag for "because it seemed too good to leave behind for $5". She was right. No idea what they will be yet, but something gorgeous.


A ball of Jigsaw sock yarn. Not actually for me. Mum bought this for herself but is delegating the actual knitting to me. She did note that the purple in this yarn matches the purple in the 4ply she bought for me. What an amazing coincidence!

And finally, the fibre. This is a harsh single. Odd and the same texture and physical compostion as the Chinook stuff I brought home from the Smith Family last year and have been knitting the bulky rib beanies from. Just thinner and dead white. I am without words or ideas and would have left it there if I'd seen it.


Oh, and no OPTIM/camel fibre blend. They tried to convince me that the hideous white cow pat of fibre above was it. Apparently the metamorphisis of my parents was as temporary as it was inexplicable. *sigh*

5 comments:

AMCSviatko said...

Rats!

Olivia said...

Oh dear.

I'm seeing it perhaps strewn around the christmas tree as a kind of snowy decoration? It's a stretch, I know.

Bells said...

nice loot - odd white stuff aside....

Five Ferns Fibreholic said...

It's like I always say...."never send parents to do a Fibreholic's job"

Denise said...

Oh bugger about the spinning fibre not being what you'd hoped... I was especially keen to see the camel stuff! The other stuff looks good though!