I acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the ACT, the Ngunnawal people. I acknowledge and respect their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of this city and this region.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Takin' a toque

When is a Tam not a Tam? When it's a toque.



I used Wendy Bernard's Last Minute "Purled" Beret as the base for shaping. Everything went well until it came of the needles.

I prefer the decreases on the starfish one but like the ribbed band better on this. The little stalk at the top makes me smile. But it toqued when it should have tammed - odd.

1 comment:

Five Ferns Fibreholic said...

You can always claim that you were actually making a toque and no one (except everyone reading the blog) will ever know.
OR
You could claim that it's one of the great philosophical questions of our time or just an unexplained phenomenon.