Today was a Mad Monday 2005 style. I over slept (having been up writing my knitting priority list far later than is good for me); Dad called in late to collect Peggy AND wanted a chat (read "lecture"); there were two loads washing on the line that had to come in and several jumpers lying on the tops of clothes airers, having done a mass hand-wash late Sunday, that also had to come in, be folded and stored. Nothing was ironed to wear and my "new" patent leather ankle boots (local Salvos, $10 on Saturday) had to be relaced. Twice.
Consequently I didn't get to work until 9am (my usual time is 8am) and this morning was the morning that the senior managers were making us breakfast. By the time I got to my desk I was 2 hours behind and the day hadn't even started!
Combine all of that with the fact that we are late getting the interpretation up for our latest exhibition and I have to write a script to read about it for 13 minutes on radio tomorrow and Mum needed grocery shopping done this lunchtime, panic was setting in.
I am now, however, quite serene. I am going to count my blessings
- Happyspider emailed me a pattern that I admired at SnB the other night,
- Jejune bought beautiful things at our local wool shop (the dreaded Stitch 'n' Time)
- Received a lovely email from a new BookCrosser.
- Bought a copy of Vogue Knitting International at lunch time (Jejune having tipped me off that they were in store)
- Managed a sneak peak at VKI over coffee late in the afternoon
- Mum had a big bag of cherries for me courtesy of Uncle Johnny when I delivered her groceries
- Found a reasonable tasting soy cheese in the supermarket and had ham and "cheese" croissants for lunch (croissants left over from Senior Managers' breakfast)
- The first issue of Yarn arrived
- My copy of "Great Big Knits" (1992) by Dawn French and Sylvie Soudan ordered off Abebooks from England arrived and it's in mint condition.
- Nearly finished the front and back of the London Baby jumper.
- Won 3 larger sizes editions of Sandra on eBay.
- I'm about to turn of the computer and spend a quiet night in (unexpectedly as the function I was meant to attend was postponed).
- I'd only intended to do 10 blessings and I made it to 12, no 13, no 12. Oh bugger it, I'm going to knit and eat cherries now.