I acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the ACT, the Ngunnawal people. I acknowledge and respect their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of this city and this region.

Monday, December 26, 2005

PROJECT: Once More From the Middle Shawl

PROJECT: Once-more-from-the-middle Shawl
RECIPIENT: me
MATERIALS: 18 x 50g balls Katia very thick alpaca, wool, polymide blend bought on sale at Lincraft late 2004
EQUIPMENT: 6mm circular needle
PATTERN: Instructions by Lynne Johnson in Australian Yarn Art: Knitting Stories & Designs by June Alexander (Crown Content, Australia, 2002). I'm doing the basic shawl but have added a moss stitch border.
DUE DATE: 31/01/06. Finishd 9 Jan '06
NOTES: Although I had 20 balls of Katia Kena, by ball 18 I was really over it. It was heavy and hot and it was taking 25-30 minutes to knit a row. So tonight I said, "bugger-it, that looks pretty bloody good, I'm done." Of course I had to start a new ball half way through the cast-off row, but that's OK. It's done.

It's huge (pics later) and very warm. Across the shoulder's it's 250cm, the length from centre back is 125cm and the wing bits are 140cm long.

Love the deep brown with little flecks of turquoise, pink and orange - sounds terrible, looks like a cuddle. May turn the two left over balls into a beret.

No comments: