I acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the ACT, the Ngunnawal people. I acknowledge and respect their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of this city and this region.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Matinee Idol


Much chain dragging has happened on these little jackets. Don't know why, really.

The Happy Spider dyed the yarn and 100g is just enough for a simple little jacket size 3-6mos.


The first was the green one with a picot neck and hem and garter stitch sleeve bands and turned under hems on the fronts. I really don't like sewing up, the whole point of knitting these in one piece from the top down is minimal sewing up. The picot edges and front bands make it rather a chore. Also, I'm not so fussed on the ribbon tie for babies. I've sewn this ribbon down so it can't come loose and choke the little bugger. I love the yarn, though, and the reverse stocking stitch is even better than the stocking stitch. There's a small lace detail down either side of the fronts on this one.

The next was this bright yellow and orange number. I changed the pattern to a single rib neckline, garter stitch front and sleeve bands and hem line with 5 little buttons down the front. It's a sunny little number.


Lastly, my favourite pattern variation with moss stitch bands. The yarn is silky soft and more purple than the photo shows. I used vintage buttons that are sweetly irregular.


Baby Chrissie likes the pink one the best.


6 comments:

happyspider said...

OOOOoooooh so pretty Taph :)I couldnt be prouder if i knit them myself >_<

amanda j said...

Gorgeous, the lot of 'em! Where did you get the pattern? I am after an all in one.

Kate said...

OMG, they're all so CUTE! I'd take any or all of 'em! No, that's greedy. I'd love the orange one - I love it! and it'll be so cute over a onesie : ) (I note that I'm getting more gushy and clucky as time goes on. Sheesh!)

Olivia said...

They're gorgeous Taph, and hand-dyed makes them really special. Are they for the baby-gifts stash or already allocated?

Sue H said...

I love those little jackets, so pretty, especially the green one.

DrK said...

see now thats FOUR gorgeous baby items in the space it took me to knit 22cms of the front of mine and then frog it. and ALL of those patterns are MUCH nice than the one im working with, esp the moss stitch one. i want the pattern. now. and i need more spider wool.......