I acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the ACT, the Ngunnawal people. I acknowledge and respect their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of this city and this region.

Monday, June 11, 2007

Two Blue

TTWC 2007.57-58

Gorgeous Crucci Sporte 12 ply in very 80s colours - I can just see Rachel Hunter parading in one ;). After a few weeks of high contrast knitting, the toning mid and navy blues was fun to do.

The numbering system is the easiest way for me to keep track and an annual single numbering system is very familiar to we archivists. I'd set a target of 26 beanies this year and now I can't stop quantifying.

COOK FROM THE CUPBOARD
Brekkie: Porridge from rolled oats and water with a tbspn of cranberries and a splash of soy milk; 1 litre coffee with soy milk. I drink real coffee at home and work - Harris Espresso made in a Bodum plunger for preference. I buy it in kilo blocks and a kilo lasts 4-6 weeks.

Lunch
: Um, forgot, was a bit busy preparing veggies for my brother's birthday dinner.
Afternoon tea: An orange (lovely valencia grown at Wamoon near Leeton, bought at the Farmers' market last week. Mum and I split a 3k bag.)

Aperitif
: Beer (Cascade light stubbie).
Dinner: Roast pork, potatoes, pumpkin and kumera; steamed beans, carrots and broccoli. Birthday cake. A glass of indifferent red wine (Dad's) and a cup of coffee (instant - blek). My contribution was the loin of pork, the carrots and the kumera - all from the freezer, fridge or cupboard. The eight of us ate very well indeed and Mum will have left overs for the next couple of days.

SPENT: $0 but I only decided to start about mid-afternoon.

2 comments:

Denise said...

I'm highly impressed at your beanie count! I'm sure the homeless of Canberra are appreciating them too :)

Good progress on the 'cook from your pantry' thing!

My Five Sons said...

I love knitting beanies in real wool,like Cleckheatons or Patons! KOGO sent some awful green woll synthetic stuff for the scarves and beanies and its hard to get enthusiatic!!
Good luck with Cook from the cupboard!